Employment at Corporate Headquarters
It takes many different types of skilled employees to provide the level of service of clients expect. Please review our current job openings below and apply to join our team.
FHA DE and Conventional Underwriters
Gain the Backing of a Solid Institution along with Flexibility & Independence!
Multiple outstanding openings exist for experienced FHA-DE and Conventional Underwriters at Interstate Home Loan Center, Inc – a leading New York/Melville based Mortgage Bank. We are experiencing tremendous growth and looking for established Underwriters that are familiar with DU & LP.
MORTGAGE EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review and underwrite loans to Interstate Home Loan Center and FHA Standards
• Assess loan attributes and documentation for soundness and accuracy
• Review and evaluate loan files for risk issues and potential misrepresentation
• Evaluate overall income, credit and equity of a loan file
• Determine and document loan conditions and communicate loan requirements and/or conditions for loan approvals
• Assist in identifying and/or recommending alternative loan structuring and/or loan requirements
• Independent ability to perform comprehensive evaluations on complex, high risk loan applications
• 3+ Years of Mortgage Underwriting Experience (FHA-DE & Conventional)
• Direct Endorsement (DE) Designation status required
• VA LAPP approval preferred
• Knowledge of USDA and bond programs preferred
• Experience working with investor overlays
• The ability to deal tactfully with loan producers
• The ability to work under pressure and against deadlines while maintaining excellent quality
• Knowledge of State and Federal Lending Regulations
• Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Extensive knowledge of mortgage lending
• Stellar customer service, decision making, written and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to trouble-shoot
• Time management
• High level of initiative & professionalism
• Underwriting Systems (DU & LP)
The goal at Interstate Home Loan Center is to provide unsurpassed quality service and support throughout the entire mortgage process for every client and referral source. This proactive sales and operational philosophy simplifies and accelerates the loan process at all levels. The company’s experienced mortgage professionals are dedicated to making every customer’s home loan experience a positive and successful one.
Interstate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
which is commensurate with your experience.
To Schedule Your Confidential Interview call (877) 735-8524 today or submit your resume via email here. Our Human Resources department will directly contact candidates of interest for an initial interview.